New European Union rules require all websites to clearly publish their policy for storing cookies on your local computer when you visit.
- Daylight Signs do not place any cookies on your computer when you visit our website.
- If you decide to use our online Job-Ordering and management system, a cookie will be created on your computer when you login to your account – This cookie is in the form of an ID number used to track & manage your account online – This is the only time the Daylight Signs website will create a cookie on your computer.
- We do not track your web activity at all – the admin cookie is only valid for our Daylight Signs website and serves no function outside of our domain.
- No 3rd-party advertising, tracking or marketting cookies are ever used by Daylight Signs.
- You can safely delete cookies from your computer at anytime, this will not effect your ability to access Daylight-signs.com user-admin – Simply log-in again when re-visiting and the admin-cookie will be created again when you log-in.
What is a cookie?
Wikipedia defines a cookie like this: A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user’s previous activity.
Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the state of the website or activity the user had taken in the past. This can include clicking particular buttons, logging in, or a record of which pages were visited by the user even months or years ago.
Is that explanation too complicated? Well simply put, a cookie is a tiny script, which can contain simple data such as an ID number associated with your account. This allows the host website to make sure you can see YOUR details and YOUR admin when you login or revisit a site such as Daylight-signs.com
Yes there are OTHER types of cookie used particularly by advertising companies to track your activity on-line. Facebook and other companies use tracking cookies. Daylight Signs however, NEVER uses any form of tracking cookie – our cookie is only used to give you access to your on-line jobs and ordering.